Cat and Dog X-Ray and Diagnostics in St. Paul
At St. Paul Pet Hospital, we rely on our diagnostic equipment to give us a complete, full picture for your pet’s health (and their illness). Our in-house laboratory and cat & dog x-ray allow us to uncover the whole story of your pet. We can catch underlying conditions before they cause symptoms, examine your pet’s internal structures, set up diagnostic baselines and so much more.
Our In-House Laboratory
When you go to the doctor for a check-up, they probably take your blood, right? This is something we find invaluable, too. Blood work is a cornerstone of our diagnostic process. It helps us establish healthy baselines for your pet and catch any illnesses or conditions that may be flying under the radar. With our in-house lab, we perform several blood tests as well as other biological analyses. A list of our tests include:
- Complete blood counts (measuring the white and red blood cell numbers)
- Blood chemistry panels (analyzing certain components of the blood such as glucose, proteins, electrolytes, and more)
- Fecal exams (testing for intestinal parasites)
- Urinalysis (analyzing components of the urine for abnormalities)
- Cytology (examining skin cells for bacterial or yeast infections, parasites, allergies, and more)
With our lab being in-house, we can have your pet’s results back in minutes, so we can develop a treatment plan immediately.
- We use state-of-the-art cat and dog x-ray equipment that allows us to get the best possible pictures of the inner workings of your pet. Digital X-rays show your pet’s bones, joints, and vital organs, and the image is taken and developed in mere minutes. The digital file can then be shared with you or other veterinarians for second opinions. Digital x-rays help us diagnose a number of conditions including:
- Arthritis or other joint disorders
- Organ disease
- Abdominal issues
- And so much more
"I felt that Dr. Eric answered all my questions and offered all necessary information on vaccines and general care. He provided background information and details. I never felt rushed."
"We love St. Paul pet hospital!"
“St. Paul Vet is amazing. The office/vet staff are caring and obviously love animals. I recommend Melinda to everyone looking for a great caring vet!”
“Ono loves coming to the Vet and everyone takes great care of her! The staff is friendly and very helpful. ”
“I live in Irvine Park, very near downtown, and first came to St. Paul Vet because it was close. Continued bringing my cat because I am comfortable with this clinic and its vets and staff.”
“I just moved to the area from Portland Maine and it’s such a pleasure to find a great vet clinic in my new city. Thank you!”
“I am very grateful to have found you! I feel like my pup in finally in good, competent hands. Thank you.”
“Thank you so much for the compassionate, thorough and professional care. We couldn’t be happier.”
“Great clinic. I transferred her to this clinic because I recently moved to St. Paul. The most professional clinic I’ve ever been in.”
- Kelly S.
“Our young Pitbulls are prone to skin issues and Dr. Melinda is a wizard regarding such conditions. We’re forever grateful for the expertise and care that St. Paul Pet Hospital provides. Thank you for being amazing!"
– Ty B.
“Excellent new puppy first visit. Many questions answered throughly and patiently.”
– Shari D.
“We had a great experience! The reviews we read online prior to our visit definitely lived up to their expectations!”
– Chelsey T.
“I wish my own Dr called me 48 hours after my appointment to see how I was doing! Super impressed with that!”
– Emily J.
“I drive all the way from Blaine. But because of the care that Ruby receives from everyone in the office, I don’t mind the drive at all!”
– Kathi H.
“We couldn’t be happier with your service. You’re close, priced appropriately, cheerful staff and surrounding. Keep up the good work.”