Cat and Dog Imaging and Diagnostics in St. Paul
At St. Paul Pet Hospital, we rely on our diagnostic equipment to give us a complete picture of your pet’s health (and their illness). Our in-house laboratory and cat and dog imaging tools help us catch underlying conditions before they cause symptoms, examine your pet’s internal structures, set up diagnostic baselines, and so much more.
Blood work is a cornerstone of pet wellness care. It helps us establish healthy baselines for your pet and catch illnesses or conditions that may be flying under the radar. With our in-house lab, we perform several blood tests as well as other biological analyses.
A list of our tests includes:
- Complete blood counts (measuring the white and red blood cell numbers)
- Blood chemistry panels (analyzing certain components of the blood such as glucose, proteins, electrolytes, and more)
- Fecal exams (testing for intestinal parasites)
- Heartworm and tick-borne disease screenings (detecting signs of specific diseases)
- Urinalysis (analyzing components of the urine for abnormalities)
- Cytology (examining skin cells for bacterial or yeast infections, parasites, allergies, and more)
With our lab being in-house, we can have your pet’s results back in minutes, so we can develop a treatment plan immediately.
We use state-of-the-art digital X-ray equipment that allows us to get the best possible pictures of the inner workings of your pet. Digital X-rays show your pet’s bones, joints, and vital organs, and the image is taken and developed in mere minutes. The digital file can then be shared with you or other veterinarians for second opinions.
Digital X-rays help us diagnose a number of conditions including:
- Arthritis or other joint disorders
- Organ disease
- Abdominal issues
- And so much more
For more information about our diagnostic equipment, or to schedule an appointment for your pet, please contact us at one of our locations: